Call for Papers
Cosmopolis is looking for articles, papers, and documents that can illuminate the following topics. Please send you proposals (a short sketch is enough) to the editor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Total word count for complete text: 5.000–10.000 words (special agreements can be made).
Language: English (US or UK standards) or French. Possibly Spanish.
Formatting: Chicago Style. See info on submissions in “author guidelines” on the website.
- The advent of the Anthropocene and its consequences
- The overlapping of nature and culture as autonomous concepts, if not distinct realities.
- The paradigm shift in disciplinary or transdisciplinary approaches
- The enduring cultural factors V. the universal nature of mankind in the global management of world issues
- Economic constrains of development v. the need to limit climate change
- Green Growth vs Degrowth
- The imperative of growth, the increase of inequalities and conflicting cultural views as global political deadlocks
- The future of mankind v. the final collapse of civilisation
- New concepts: ecocide, 6th extinction, co-extinction and survival of the ecosystem
- Deconstruction and decolonizing the Academy
- Universalism and patriarchy in history – where is the universal?
- Resilience of states, return of empires
- Democracy, autocracy and plutocracy: sources and traditions
- Individual and collective rights in different cultures
- Growth vs. degrowth, which paradigm?
- Increasing inequalities and contradictory cultural visions as global political impasses
- The future of humanity or the collapse of civilisations
- Ecocide and new concepts in international law